DoctorPup Complimentary Service
Helpful Videos, Forum Q&A, Articles and more
Vomiting WaterOctober 28, 2015, 12:00 PM
- Q: Hi there! My frenchie, 3 years old, all of a sudden started vomiting after I give him water. It's been about a week and a half now. I thought it was from the heat or getting excited after I give him food and water but now it's every time I give him water. It occurs roughly 2-3 minutes after drinking water. I tried giving him ice cubes to have him stay hydrated but it still happen with that. Have you seen anything like this before? Is there anything I can try at home to help him? There are no other symptoms. Although, he is a bit more itchy than normal. Thank you!
- A: I would need to know how much he is drinking and approximately how much he throws up. For example how big a spot it makes on the floor. If all else seems normal and he does not vomit food it suggests that he may be drinking to much, too fast. Please let me know so I can try to help.