Up to 35% OFF - Limited Time Learn More
Up to 35% OFF - Limited Time

Limited Time Offer

We are currently offering up to 35% OFF for a Limited Time!

Prices reflect the discounted prices and is automatically applied during checkout.

The discounts offered at this time are not applicable towards past purchases or pending balances.

DoctorPup Complimentary Service

Helpful Videos, Forum Q&A, Articles and more

DoctorPup Logo

Common Conditions

No poop

November 23, 2019, 11:00 AM
Q: We have a yorkie who is having trouble pooping. She is about 3 lbs we have checked around her butt and she is clean there is nothing there. We havent changed her food and she has been whining randomly and laying by herself. We take her out a few times she acted like she was going to go but then didnt and just wanted to go back in. Its been 2 days and we didnt know if there is a stool softener we can get for her thats safe or if we got some dewormer if that would make her go. She has Kong toys and nylon bones we dont let her have pig ears or raw hide we have always tried to be careful with what she has. We are starting to worry though thank you
A: From your question I though it best if we could speak but I was unable to reach you. You can use psyllium powder as a softener but I do not know her weight generally it would be about 1/4 tsp per. 5 pounds. Given the duration an enema may be a better approach but I would need to speak with you about that.