Up to 35% OFF - Limited Time Learn More
Up to 35% OFF - Limited Time

Limited Time Offer

We are currently offering up to 35% OFF for a Limited Time!

Prices reflect the discounted prices and is automatically applied during checkout.

The discounts offered at this time are not applicable towards past purchases or pending balances.

DoctorPup Complimentary Service

Helpful Videos, Forum Q&A, Articles and more

DoctorPup Logo

Nutrition

Feeding Schedule

December 20, 2014, 2:40 PM
Q: I have a cavalier who is four months old she weighs 6 pounds. I want to know how much I should be feeding her and how many times a day? Or is it best for her to always have food out?
A: At 4 months of age you should feed her 2 or 3 times a day depending on your schedule, the last feeding should be 1-2 hours before bedtime. The quantity of food per meal is dependent on the type/quality of food that you give her and will vary from meal to meal and day to day. I think it is best to allow her to eat what she wants in a period of about 5 minutes. As far as pooping goes if there is no pattern to when food goes in there will not be a pattern to when it comes out. By going to scheduled feeding times you will also begin to see a pattern of elimination, this could take several weeks to develop. I am assuming that her appetite and stool consistency are both good, please let me know if this in not the case. Thanks, Dr. Rybka Sent from my iPad