Up to 35% OFF - Limited Time Learn More
Up to 35% OFF - Limited Time

Limited Time Offer

We are currently offering up to 35% OFF for a Limited Time!

Prices reflect the discounted prices and is automatically applied during checkout.

The discounts offered at this time are not applicable towards past purchases or pending balances.

DoctorPup Complimentary Service

Helpful Videos, Forum Q&A, Articles and more

DoctorPup Logo

Training Tips

Tearing up Pads

September 2, 2016, 12:22 AM
Q: I am having an issue with my puppy ripping up the pee padding inside of the pup pee poo palace. I mean it's ripped to shreds. we have told him NO! or AH AH! while clapping our hands to make him stop. he looks startled but then he starts up again. I was thinking about giving him a pluck on his nose to be another force of reprimand for this act. it's getting out of control at this point. I have explained to my boyfriend that we must stop this behavior NOW and not think that he will grow out of it (he's already 9 weeks!) I even thought of getting a spray bottle and spraying him with it if we see him doing it (we have given him toys used immediate reinforcement when we plays with them instead) maybe even a can of coins to shake so he can be annoyed by the sound?? I read the last response to this question that I presented but I wasn't really following the response so I wanted to be more specific on what I was asking. thank you you soo much
A: You are on the right track except everything you are trying requires you be there. If he is doing well with potty training it may be time to give him a little more space as it is boredom that prompts his behavior.