Teddy Bear Puppy
Sunday, July 31, 2022
What I liked working with Simply Southern Pups:
1) Multiple photo angles, birth certificate info provided, receipt, immediate 24 hour contact. We were provided one video free before pickup.
2) Emailed information about bringing a puppy home and general tips and suggestions.
3) The website updates and shows the pups being claimed with your name.
What I feel could be improved:
1) I was contacted that my pup had been adopted and was no longer available. I received 3 to 4 misdirected or wrong person text messages. Seems a better system is needed.
2) Very little information about the actual breeder until pickup when you are given a sheet with the breeder name only, but nothing else is offered. I didn't feel this was transparent enough. I would prefer information about temperament, parents beyond size/breed, and how a pup was with his/her litter. Was s/he the runt?
3) There was no information provided about what to expect at pickup. It was a bit awkward feeling. We were given a crate at pickup that we didn't need, it was obvious it was how our pup was transported to SSP, but little info on when he arrived, how long he had been there, etc.
No information about the breed you're getting, what to expect, where to find information. On one hand we are being told to hand feed by SSP steak, chicken, or turkey but not provided any breed info.
4) There was shots given too close to each other in the 8 weeks between the breeder and SSP. This was illuminated by our own veterinarian, which could damage a pup's immune system. He was given a great bill of health by our vet, we are grateful.
In conclusion, we are grateful for our new furbaby and don't regret the experience, we just wish more transparency was provided to assuage our concerns about possibly supporting puppy mills. I couldn't find much info about our breeder except that it might be a Missouri breeder and we are in South Carolina.
In the future, I'd rather work directly with a breeder to learn more about the pup behavior, litter, parents, personality, and health.